2014 DRMT Planning Calendar
2014 dates of trips and costs:
- Week 1 - June 27-July 6, 2014 (cost for trip is $1,360)
- Week 2 - July 4-July 13, 2014 (cost for trip is $1,360)
- Both Weeks - June 27-July 13, 2014 (cost for trip is $2,110)
Meeting and planning dates:
Sunday, December 15 -
• 2pm – Initial fundraiser meeting for the February 22, 2014 DRMT dinner, show and auction at Lyman Hall High School in Wallingford, CT.
Sunday, Jan. 12 - (The initial $100 and online application needed to hold your spot on the trip)
• 2 p.m. - Informational meeting for all interested in going with us in 2012.
Sunday, February 16 - $200 is due ($300 total)
• 2 p.m. – This meeting will focus on the primary reasons why our help is needed in the Dominican Republic. What is the relationship to the poverty problems in Haiti? Why do we need to build a hospital, provide medical care, etc? What is the long-term plan?
Saturday, February 22 - team fundraising show/dinner/silent auction at Lyman Hall High School.
Sunday, March 23 - $350 is due ($650 total)
• 2 p.m. – At this meeting we will talk about very important cultural issues in the Dominican Republic. How are we perceived? What things do we need to know regarding Dominican and Haitian culture and traditions?
Sunday, April 27 - $400 more is due (total of $1,050 so far)
• 2 p.m. - Our medical team will talk about the nature of our medical clinics in the DR, what the clinics accomplish, what medicines we need to collect to take with us, how to stay healthy in the Dominican Republic, etc.
Saturday, June 3 - $310 is due (total of $1,360)
• 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. -- DR Team Retreat at Adelbrook (formerly The Children’s Home's) in Cromwell, CT. All should make every effort to attend! This is an important time of group building and getting to know each other. We will enjoy team building exercises and activities for all ages and abilities. Lunch will be served. This time together with each other before we leave the country is invaluable for our team and helps tremendously once we are in the DR.
Thursday, June 26 - (July 3 for week 2)
• 6 pm – 7 pm - Please get your passport and your bag to the church between 6 pm and 7 pm. If you have more room in your personal bag, you are welcome to stuff it full with more items to help the poor.
Friday, June 27 - Time TBA. Meet at the church to load bus, say goodbyes, and take bus to the airport.
(July 4 for week 2)