2017 DRMT Planning Calendar
Below is the Planning Calendar for the 2017 DR Mission Team. All should make every effort to attend each of these meetings, held at FBC Wallingford. Please note – in addition to these regular team meetings, there will be periodic team meetings for packing donated items, fundraising, etc. Please make every effort to attend!
2017 dates of trips and costs:
- week 1: Friday, June 30 - Sunday, July 9 ($1,400 all inclusive)
- week 2: Friday, July 7 - Saturday, July 15 ($1,400 all inclusive)
- both weeks: Friday, June 30 - Saturday, July 15 ($2,100 all inclusive)
- DRMT Lite: Friday, July 7 - Wednesday, July 12 ($1,325 all inclusive)
- DRMT Lite Plus: Friday, July 7 - Saturday, July 15 ($1,550 all inclusive)
(this trip includes the full DRMT Lite trip at Casa de Campo then last few days at Casa Pastoral)
Meeting and planning dates:
Sunday, Jan. 8 - (The initial $100 and online application needed to hold your spot on the trip)
• 2 p.m. @ FBC Wallingford - Informational meeting for all interested in going in 2017. Details, fundraising and lots of questions answered!)
Sunday, March 5 (postponed from Feb. 12) - $200 is due ($300 total)
• 2 p.m. @ FBC Wallingford – At this meeting we will talk about very important cultural issues in the Dominican Republic. How are we perceived? What things do we need to know regarding Dominican and Haitian culture and traditions? Also more info on fundraising, our projects during the mission trip, etc.
Friday, February 17
DR Mission Team Winter Solstice at First Baptist Wallingford
Sunday, March 26 - $350 is due ($650 total)
• 2 p.m. at New Life Wallingford – This meeting will focus on the primary reasons why our help is needed in the Dominican Republic. What is the relationship to the poverty problems in Haiti? Why do we need to build a hospital, provide medical care, build homes and schools, deliver food, etc? What is the long-term plan? Also, we'll meet in the location of our April fundraiser and prepare for this event.
Friday, April 21
DRMT Fundraiser Event at New Life Mountain Ridge, Wallingford.
Sunday, April 30 - $400 more is due (total of $1,050 so far)
• 2 p.m. @ FBC Wallingford - Our medical team will talk about the nature of our medical clinics in the DR, what the clinics accomplish, what medicines we need to collect to take with us, how to stay healthy in the Dominican Republic, etc.
Saturday, June 3 - $350 is due (total of $1,400)
• 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. -- DR Team Retreat (location TBD). All should make every effort to attend! This is an important time of group building and getting to know each other. We will enjoy team building exercises and activities for all ages and abilities. Lunch will be served. This time together with each other before we leave the country is invaluable for our team and helps tremendously once we are in the DR.
Thursday, June 29 - (July 6 for week 2 and DRMT Lite groups)
• 6 pm – 7 pm - Please get your passport and your bag to FBC Wallingford between 6 pm and 7 pm.