DR Mission Team Covenant
ALL TRAVELLING TO THE DR IN THE SUMMER OF 2016: Click here to electronically sign the 2016 DR Mission Team Covenant
DR Mission Team Covenant - summer 2016
Taking a large group of people to a foreign country for mission work is a huge challenge. In order to make this a positive, safe, and productive trip for all, the Haitian Missionary Baptist Church and the Good Samaritan Hospital have established the following Mission Team Covenant for all U.S. work groups to La Romana:
All DR Mission Team Members promise to:
- respect others and spread good cheer to all.
- respect the authority of staff at the Haitian Missionary Baptist Church and Good Samaritan Hospital, as well as the trip coordinators. (Ephesians 5:21)
- participate in all designated group activities such as meals, mission work, worship, clean-up, etc., making a consistent effort to be on time to such activities.
- maintain personal safety, avoiding the following: swimming alone, traveling alone, visiting bars or discos, riding mopeds or motorcycles, staying out after the group’s established curfew, etc.
- abstain from smoking, alcohol, profanity, and illegal drugs during this mission trip, as well as the purchasing of alcohol and tobacco.
- exhibit modesty in relations with the opposite sex.
- wear clothing in keeping with local customs (conservative in general, i.e., for church: long pants with collared shirts for men, modest dresses or skirts for women).
- avoid gossiping and whining - build people up and encourage one another.
- voluntarily give up the right to privacy and individualism in order to live and work together as a unified team.
- be slow to anger and quick to forgive. (James 1:19 and Hebrews 12:14-15).