Want to give a life-changing gift, or make an extraordinarily meaningful gift in someone's Honor or Memory?
Choose from one or more of the direct ways to help the very poor below. For questions or more information, please contact Susanne Jordan, DR Mission Team Director of Development, via email or call (203) 676-9894:
Help us write the 27th Chapter of an Incredible Story: Faithfully Continuing the Work of the Dominican Republic Mission Team
Support our 2017 Annual Fund. As this is our 27th year, we are asking for gifts of $27 in support of our continued work or $270 for 27 years (La Romana Giving Circle) or $2700 for 27 years (Good Samaritan Council). These gifts can be designated to a specific project or remain undesignated.
Interested in a particular giving opportunity, there are many giving and support opportunities available year-round. All will directly help the very poor in the Dominican Republic - please see this year's specific giving opportunities below:
- Build a new, safe house for a family in a batey or barrio – $8,200. This year we will be partnering with Batey La Papita in an effort to rebuild all of their homes.
- Supply bunk beds for those houses that have been built by our teams – $250 and/or twin mattresses –$150.
- Support a Special Celebration in a very poor batey or at the Joe Hartman School – Any dollar amount is welcome to help offset the costs of these great celebrations.
- Joe Hartman School Kitchen Project – Suggested donation is $270 (join the La Romana Giving Circle) as this is a big project requiring a large amount of dollars. However, any dollar amount is welcome to help to feed the students at the School. This is especially meaningful if you have a heart for the work that the Joe Hartman School does and/or sponsor a child there.
- Sponsor a Joe Hartman Student for 2017-18 – $200 per student.
- Sponsor Celebration Day Tee Shirts or DRMT Team Shirts (If it is a business, we will put the company’s logo on the sleeve.) – Any dollar amount is welcome to offset the costs of these shirts. Contact Susanne for specifics on sponsorship opportunities.
- Sponsor a child to attend school in Batey 50 – just $60 for the entire school year!
- Help sponsor Batey 50 and Batey Las Cejas – this can be $20 a month or more. The DRMT sends money each month for these two bateyes to help with vitamins, malnutrition issues and medical visits.
- Sponsor Food Distribution to hungry families in the bateyes during the DRMT summer trips – $500 (Fulfilling Smiles program oversees the food distribution).
- Sponsor a Medical Clinic on a Batey during the DRMT summer trips - $500.
- Contribute to the Pastor Bill Huegel Scholarship Fund so that a local teenager or adult can participate on this year’s trip – any portion of the $1,400 trip cost.
- Support our Hygiene Kits and Baby Bundles – $27 (distributed through the Medical Clinics).
Save-the-Date: Our Annual DR Fundraiser to be held on Friday evening, April 21, 2017 at New Life Church in Wallingford. Another great way to support the work that we do in the Dominican Republic.
Stay tune for more details!
As always, we thank you for your continued support!
Donating is easy!
It is easy to make a safe and secure donation to support the work of the DR Mission Team. Please choose any of the options listed below - check, credit card, PayPal, Venmo, or SquareCash. Questions? Email or call 203-626-2239.
Please make checks payable to "DR Mission Team" and mail to DR Mission Team, 13 Fawn Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492.
DR Mission Team members will have the ability to receive credit card donations or payments at events and meetings, or call 203-626-2239 to give over the phone.
Use the PayPal button below to make a donation to support the continuing work of helping the poor in the Dominican Republic. Please note in the PayPal section if you would like to designate your gift.
Venmo or SquareCash
Just search for the @drmissionteam using these convenient apps to transfer funds.
Donate to honor the memory of Corey Burke, who was part of the QU301 DR Mission Team serving in Batey 50 in December 2015 and January 2016. Corey passed away after a courageous battle with cancer on October 1, 2016, at the age of 21. More details found in the flier linked below. There are numerous options below to support Corey's fund to help the very poor in Batey 50 - 100% of donations received will go directly to honor her in this way. Please make a note on your check or online donation signifying this gift is in honor of Corey Burke.