Donate to honor the memory of Corey Burke, who was part of the QU301 DR Mission Team serving in Batey 50 in December 2015 and January 2016. Corey passed away after a courageous battle with cancer on October 1, 2016, at the age of 21. More details found in the flier linked below. There are numerous options below to support Corey's fund to help the very poor in Batey 50 - 100% of donations received will go directly to honor her in this way. Please make a note on your check or online donation signifying this gift is in honor of Corey Burke.
Donating is easy!
It is easy to make a safe and secure donation to support the work of the DR Mission Team. Please choose any of the options listed below - check, credit card, PayPal, Venmo, or SquareCash. Questions? Email or call 203-626-2239.
Please make checks payable to "DR Mission Team" and mail to DR Mission Team, 13 Fawn Drive, Wallingford, CT 06492.
DR Mission Team members will have the ability to receive credit card donations or payments at events and meetings, or call 203-626-2239 to give over the phone.
Use the PayPal button below to make a donation to support the continuing work of helping the poor in the Dominican Republic. Please note in the PayPal section if you would like to designate your gift.
Venmo or SquareCash
Just search for the @drmissionteam using these convenient apps to transfer funds.
Please support these efforts to help the very poor in the DR:
From the moment our bus pulled up, to the moment it pulled away, the children and families on Batey 50 welcomed us with open arms and love. -Dan Brecher, Quinnipiac University, QU301DR Fall Service Trip, 2015
There are many giving and support opportunities available for the July mission trips and year-round. Please join this effort to directly help the very poor in the Dominican Republic - and there are many ways to donate below:
- Build a new, safe house for a family in a batey or barrio - $7,800.
- Supply bunk beds for those houses that have been built by our teams - $250 and twin mattresses - $150.
- Support the Special Celebration on Batey 50 on Saturday, July 9, 2016 – Any dollar amount is welcome to help offset the costs of this great celebration.
- Joe Hartman School Kitchen Project – Suggested donation is $250 (join the La Romana Giving Circle) as this is a big project requiring a large amount of startup dollars. However, any dollar amount is welcome to help to feed the students at the School. This is especially meaningful especially if you have a heart for the Joe Hartman School and/or sponsor a child there.
- Sponsor a Joe Hartman Student for 2016-17 - $200 per student.
- Sponsor Batey 50 Tee Shirts or DRMT Team Shirts (If it is a business, we will put the company’s logo on the sleeve.) – Any dollar amount is welcome to offset the costs of these shirts.
- Sponsor a child to attend school in Batey 50 - just $60 for the entire school year!
- Help sponsor Batey 50 and Batey Las Cejas – this can be $20 a month or more. The DRMT sends money each month for these two bateyes to help with vitamins, malnutrition issues and medical visits.
- Sponsor Food Distribution to hungry families in the bateyes during the DRMT summer trips - $500 (Fulfilling Smiles program oversee the food distribution)
- Sponsor a Medical Clinic on a Batey during the DRMT summer trips - $500.
- Contribute to the Pastor Bill Huegel Scholarship Fund so that a local teenager or adult can participate on this year’s trip – any portion of the $1,400 trip cost.
Last, as we strive to grow our DRMT Annual Fund, we welcome gifts of $25 in support of our 25 years of serving, $250 for 25 years (La Romana Circle) or $2500 for 25 years (Good Samaritan Council). These gifts can be designated to a specific project or remain undesignated.
Thank you for your continued support!